literature: Qualitative Analysis Vogel
Organoleptika examination, through the examination:
Color substances: Some of the ions in the solution to certain colors, such as:
A. Blue: Cu (II), Co (II)
2. Brown: Fe (III), PbO2, SNS and CDO
3. Green: Generally, all the metal oxides and metal salts sulpida.
4. Yellow: Fe (III), CdS, PbI2, HgO, K4FeCN6, KCrO4
5. Red: HgI2, K3FeCN6, K2Cr2O7, BiI3
6. Rosa: Mn (II), Co (II)
7. White: A lot of an organic compound which is white.
Odor substances: Some substances can be identified from the smell, for example:
A. The smell of vinegar: Acetate salts
2. Rotten egg smell: Sulfide Salts
3. Ammonia Odor: Ammonia salts
4. Odour Garlic: Arsenic
5. Halogen odor (stimulate): Halogenida salts
Hygroscopic properties: some substances can draw water from the air, miasalnya: FeCl3, KOH, NaOH, CaCl2, MgCl2 and others.
The nature of acidity and alkalinity: sometimes the nature of acidity and alkalinity are able to support the analysis. Examination conducted by a solution of the substance in the water and checked with litmus blue litmus red.